Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Up & Coming New Nashville- Kelsey Grose (With Exclusive Interview)

Texas-born and sixteen-year-old redhead Kelsey Grose is not concerned with the fortune and fame of the music industry; instead she truly has a passion for the message of music. The appreciation of her voice alone is self-satisfying. As her talent and humble ways have been recognized by some of music’s most prestigious writers and producers, Kelsey will soon enough have America excited and humming along.

Her tone is soft and fresh, her lyrics are colorful and warm- Kelsey will certainly become the hottest iTunes download within a short period of time. Kelsey has come a long way from singing at church and has already recorded five songs in the studio. That is not to say she has lost touch with what’s most important in her life: the close relationship she has with God and her family.

Musically there is so much more to come from Kelsey, her journey as an artist has just begun, and her fan base is multiplying daily. She is a fun, energetic, and loving young lady who is focused on succeeding in ways beyond glamour and money.

Young girls around the world will be able to connect with Kelsey’s inviting smile and captivating glow.

You can listen to four brand-new songs on Kelsey’s MySpace page- all available on iTunes- HERE.

That Nashville Sound- What brought you to music in the first place?

Kelsey Grose- In 8th grade, a fellow classmate and close family friend committed suicide. That was my first close encounter with death and it made me think about my own life. At about that same time, I had really started to get into the lyrics of songs. It's difficult for me to express what I'm feeling or what I want to say in normal conversation, but I can put it in my lyrics. I found that songwriting helped me open up and let go of what I couldn't put in normal words.

TNS- Describe your music- what's the mission behind the music?

KG- My music style is pop/country-- it's fun, positive, and uplifting. I like my music to be real and relatable-- comments on my MySpace have been referred my songs as "a breath of fresh air."

TNS- What might people be surprised to find out about you?

KG- I have been a competitive and school cheerleader since 4th grade.

TNS- What kind of music are you listening to? What's in your iPod?

KG- My favorite song is "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain, but I listen to a broad range of music from Casting Crowns to Taylor Swift, from Yellowcard to Demi Lovato, and from Scott Kemper to Joshua Radin.

TNS- If you had a crystal ball and looked forward five years, what do you see for yourself?

KG- That is one of the most difficult questions to answer because I am only 16, and life is just happening so quickly. I am letting the Lord lead my life, so at this point there is no way of telling where He will lead.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar