Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Norts + Frockets+ Koozie + Croakies

Social media is great if you use it properly. I love it when brands, companies, and people use it for conversation purposes... you know, what it was made for. For example, yesterday I love that I received so much feedback on my glasses options. It was fantastic and I thank you all for your input... stay tuned to find out which frames I end up with! 

Now, I would like you all to weigh in on this subject which really has me bothered.... or well, confused, really. 

It was common place in college to wear "norts", an oversized "frocket", patagonia and either Jack Rogers or tennis shoes complete with croakies and some jewelry. Now,  I realize that for some readers, "norts" and "frockets" are not in your vocabulary. I remember coming home from school and referring to my "norts and frockets" and my friends cracked up and asked me what in the world I was talking about. I was clearly sheltered by the world of JMU... I thought any college-aged girl would know exactly what I was referring to. For those of you that don't know the ridiculous lingo, "norts" are Nike Tempo shorts and a "frocket" is a pocket tee. To give you an idea, here is what the outfit looked like... 


Casual

Ok, so let me first acknowledge that I realize that this is a completely "sloppy" outfit. But, in my opinion, it's not horrible. In fact, I actually like it for running those Saturday errands or those semi-hungover Sunday brunches at a diner type restaurant. And each piece is extremely comfortable. 

But as much as I like it, I feel that this "look" is not accepted in the real world. I wore it often in college... never to class, but when I needed to run errands or when being "dressed" would have been odd. I quite frequently wore this look to our Sunday chapter meetings. I'd change it up with a crew-neck sweatshirt or rugby shirt. 

I bring this up, because this past weekend it was warm. Around 65 degrees warm and that is super warm for Pittsburgh, especially at this time of year. It would have looked ridiculous if I put on real shorts but the whole "norts" ensemble seemed appropriate for the temperature. It was a Sunday and I was going to Target with my mom and sister. I came downstairs in my ensemble and my mom was not ok with it. My personal opinion is that it is totally fine to run errands in this look!!! 

What do you all think? Did you wear this type of outfit in college? Do you agree with me and find that people aren't accepting of the "norts" ensemble in the "real world"?  I honestly have so many pocket tees, norts, patagonias and various other pullovers that it just seems ridiculous to get rid of all of them. 

I also have noticed that people think it is SO weird when I whip a koozie out from my purse and use it in a bar or really, anywhere. I'm thinking that it is because I am north of the Mason Dixon line? Is the whole koozie thing a southern thing? We use them a ton at my lakehouse and it is common place. Same with the croakies. Is that just a male thing above the Mason Dixon line?? I have yet to see a girl around Pittsburgh with croakies. I get weird looks when I am wearing them and I have a billion koozies and croakies that I'd love to make use of. 

Is it just a northern thing where this look isn't done? A lot of my friends that went to schools above the Mason Dixon line have said that this look wasn't popular at their schools. Or, is this just not done, ever, post-grad? So southerners, northerners, studuents and college grads, please weigh in!! 

Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar