Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pink Dogwood Tree and A Legend

The pink dogwood tree is not as prevalent as the white dogwood but oh wow!

It stars in the landscape.

The pink tone on the petals is so soft and pretty.

 


This one we get to see from our deck, at the yellow house, as it belongs to our neighbors.


The legend of the dogwood tree is that it once grew tall and was used to make the cross of Jesus but after that time, the tree never grew tall and big again.

The bracts on the flowers resemble a cross and the cleft-like tears symbolize the nail marks of Crucifixion.



The dogwood tree normally blooms for two to three weeks in early spring  in the south east.

Sometimes you can see native white dogwoods growing in the woods but apparently they are becoming somewhat scarce in our area due to disease.



I am linking with Tracie at Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday's.

I am very excited  to be linking with this garden party for the first time. I am spreading my party wings.
Thanks bunches Tracie for inviting me.


grace surrounds us
Olive

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar