These August days are flying by. We made a very quick trip to the mainland last Friday and back again on Saturday. It was good to see my parents and other family members - just not nearly enough time for a proper visit with anyone.
Home to a house full of guests. Most welcome guests. A niece and her husband from Alberta, youngest daughter and her husband, son and granddaughter (grandbaby's mother stayed home, just in case her sister decided to have her baby). This little one is always in motion, and my camera setting wasn't correct, hence the blur.
Here Daddy thought that the toy basket might make a nice hat for Adria. I don't think her mother would approve of the style.
Elizabeth, from French Village Life, initiated a buttons and bows swap. My partner was Jane, from Marigold Jam and she sent me, from England, this lovely assortment of soft ribbons, laces, buttons and more. I'm looking forward to using them in some stitchery projects come fall.
The guests left in batches. I waved goodbye to the last of them yesterday afternoon. The house was quieter than normal last night because Tim was out of town for meetings. I spent the evening doing laundry and re-making all the beds. This morning I cut a few flowers from the yard and plunked them into bottles on the dining room table. A motley assortment, but pretty nonetheless.
Summer days are fleeting - how are you enjoying them?

0 Yorumlar