
Kids today don't blog, they facebook.
The President gets his church on via Blackberry.
I'm the only person in the entire universe without an i-Phone.
Well, not exactly.
Those of us who are still on blogspot, hacking away on a full-sized keyboard, and there are just a few of us old-timers left, ahem, are here in the blog world because it's our art studio and online writer's journal. Those who read us (thank you thank you thank you) are here because they get that.
I'm not terribly worried that there's been this 'abandonment' of blogging. An informal experiment on my part showed at least 64 (and let me throw out a wild guess and add "young") people per minute typing the word "bored" into their twitter stream this morning. Eventually they're going to realize that the little mental-meth delivery system in their handheld is not getting them high. Yeah, they were probably blogging this 23 and a half months ago. Something easier came along. I absolutely refuse to condemn teenagers for choosing socializing over creating -- they're teens, for heaven's sake! Friends are everything at that age. And I refuse to take what they are doing right now as some sort of harbinger of doom for what I choose to do.
I do miss some political bloggers who abandoned their craft in the past year. Some of them, I know, are still creating in other venues, and good on them. No one medium is for everyone. For now, this one works for me. Not everyone is going to be a writer; if we were, we'd all starve.
That said, to paraphrase Will Rogers, the world is full of people who can tweet but can't read. If we read their tweets out loud to them, in front of the very friends they sent them to, they would throw away their i-Phones forever.
Two old-skool fogey bloggers (in our FORTIES!) will be posting a podcast tomorrow.

0 Yorumlar