Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Pittsburgh Engagement Session



Way way back in the freezing cold March weather in Pittsburgh Lego-Man and I got engaged. Then in a flurry of things I finished school, started filling out a million job applications, prepared us to move, and planned as much of our wedding as humanly possible before we left Pennsylvania for warmer climates. I had originally intended to schedule our engagement pictures super early in the spirit of getting crap done, but Lego-Man was not as excited about the endeavor and slowed me down. We ended up having them done on a rainy, then steamy hot day in July, three days before our moving pod was picked up and shipped to Texas.  It was slightly stressful to say the least but turned out AMAZING if you ask me, and it was nice to have a reason to stop carrying boxes and boxes of things down three flights of stairs to the pod.

As I am a complete Pinterest addict and connoisseur wedding photography and engagement pictures, I needed our pictures to be perfect! I had multiple secret Pinterest boards, and spent hours in the search of the prefect red shoes to plan the event. I'm sure my photographer thought I was a total nut-job when I literally sent him a powerpoint of inspiration pictures broken down by the various places I wanted to take pictures. Guys, I even walked the path we took multiple times, gauging how long it would take to walk between them, and where the best spots would be for maximum Pittsburgh-ness. Basically I was crazy. But it turned out so great I believe it was worth it!
We started at the pillars of the Melon Institute. A Pittsburgh wedding and engagement photo staple. I love the dirty pillars and the color of the stone. 

 I had been going to splurge on professional hair and make-up so I could look extra fancy, but once I saw the weather forecast I decided to pass and go natural just like every day life. I'm happy with that choice for sure.




With this photo I like to call attention to the fact that Lego-Man
 and my future children are going to have the greatest hair.


Look at those stately pillars: Swoon

The majority of the time we were at Mellon Institute it was pouring rain. The rain let up and we walked to another Pittsburgh favorite, Heinz Chapel.

*Smooch*





There's just something I love so much about those ornate, iconic, red doors. But you can only take so many pictures in front of red doors so we moved along, stopping at lovely locations along the walk.


The red doors made another apperance before making it to my favorite place on Earth, Hogwarts… I mean The Cathedral of Learning. 


 



These spinning pictures are 100% my favorite thing in the world.

     

We explored the inside: and then the outside




I wanted to sit on this banister… Lego-Man did not.

 It was a little high… But not THAT high.


This is one of my absolute favorites.
I LOVE the flowers and the fountain and the foot pop and the everything
More Spinning!




From there we changed into a more "Casual" look and we broke out the very first Rag Quilt I ever made!






After that we walked over to a little rustic gem right in the heart of Oakland.




Then Out came the Legos






In the end Lego-Man said "I guess it wasn't that bad" and I was so so pleased with all of the pictures. I already made them into a photo book on Shutterfly to use as a guest book at the wedding. But that is a discussion for another day.


*All photos were taken by Tim Hickman Photography If you are from the Western Pennsylvania area I highly recommend you check him out. We couldn't be happier with our engagement pictures, or more excited for him to do our wedding this summer! 

* The Black Dress is from David's Bridal

*Red Heels are from Payless











Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar