To start a session of desert I need...
- two districts.
- two superblocks within.
- a character.
- their daily assignments.
- a personal issue that comes up today.
DISTRICTS/SUPERBLOCKS
For both districts I draw from real-world examples I know. Each one requires a six bullet points description.
maroon district
- Cobblestone streets and alleys.
- An old tram line.
- Musty restaurants and expensive boutiques.
- Tourists.
- Trinket shops off main street.
- Academe.
The district die comes up ⚂. I randomly determine the bullet point descriptions to be advanced into a near future. Rolling for the particular advancements I get [brand] x2 and mediated experience(s). I roll for which [brand].
maroon district (⚂)
- Cobblestone streets and alleys.
- An old tram line.
- Musty restaurants and expensive boutiques.
- Tourists > CZ tours.
- Trinket shops off main street >> CZ, they're just flickering display windows without any actual retail space.
- Academe.
The six digit superblock profile is randomly determined to be in the order 624153. Besides indicating resource allocation, it identifies the 300m x 300m superblock on the district map.
I record the number on a new blocksheet as well. 3d6 for the sensor layout come up 5 1 6 and I enter base:tra, work:vid, spec:neu accordingly.
For the architecture I pick prewar attached from my example and randomly add minimalist.
I finish the sheet with a plan. The individual city blocks are marked with their section but don't have buildings drawn in yet.
purple district (⚁)
- - Forest edge location.
- - Housing blocks and attempts to make them less monotone > CZ appartments.
- - Marginalised citizens > The district is now known for its Zero Lucy! climbers, a dolltech-demo.
- - Many bus stops.
- - Pneumatic refuse collection.
- - A lone, glinting office tower.
And the sheet for superblock 324651.
CHARACTER
Name Filip Červený
Age 53
Gender Man
Look professional hair, delicate arms, foil overall, bright shoelaces, holographic glasses
Contacts person (respectful), friends (calm), family (caustic), community (CZ), network (passive), ... people (sweet)
Gear bag, tablet
Likes to talk about nature
The person Filip is respectful towards is his flatmate Jo. His family are his parents and an older brother.
TICKETS/PERSONAL ISSUE
I'm deciding to use 324651 for Filip's blocktech assignments. Since purple district has 2x [brand] in its description, tickets are at -2 with an additional -2 for the (mtnc) sections. (transit) and (storage) amount to +5, so rolling a 4 it's 5 tickets total to be rolled up as assignments.
I inside, stuck floatdoll
7th floor, house people (base:vid, life:neu)
A floatdoll keeps unlocking and entering a specific apartment. It then gets stuck there. The gruff tenants suspect someone is trolling them. No one is, though.
II inside, crashed paperdoll
6th floor, house people (base:tra, transit:acc)
A young couple is moving into an apartment. One of the building's paperdolls has crashed while setting up their kitchen. They're quite embarassed.
III outside, stolen eyedoll
A traffic eyedoll got net-gunned from an empty office. The person responsible was actually after the expensive cameras within and is trying to cover it up as vandalism.
IV outside, vandalised eyedoll
The missing doll from III has turned up here, mangled and sprayed. If analysed it got transplanted with a cheap camera. The original is missing.
V inside, stuck slipdoll
16th floor, connect stuff with organizations (base:tra, mtnc:aud)
Malfunctioning elevator doors don't fully open anymore and have trapped a slipdoll.
The personal issue is determined to stem from Filip's passive attitude towards his professional contacts. A former boss in marketing is mildly angry at him for not taking up on a job offer they sent. They've written another message to complain.
Continuing this with part 2 - Actual Play...





0 Yorumlar